1. The surface temperature of the frame must be above 50º F. for the adhesive to bond.
2. Clean frame with clean wipe provided to remove dust, oil, grease and dirt. Wax coated or high gloss painted surfaces may require roughening of the surface with a scotch brite pad or sandpaper so adhesive will properly bond.
3. Measure and pre-cut pieces to fit the head and jambs.
4. Remove protective backing 1 to 2 feet at a time.
5. Position on frame where illustrated, allowing approximately 1/16'' between seal and frame for clearance when compressed.
6. Adhere by pressing firmly (approx. 15 lbs. pressure required) straight down along entire length of gasketing. Do not remove and relocate. WARNING: Do not rub along length from one end toward other end during installation as gasket will stretch and not adhere properly.
7. Make sure the seal does not impede proper closing and latching of the door.
CERTIFIED by UL to CAN/ULC-S104 and ANSI/UL10B, complies with NFPA 80 and NFPA 252 for application to Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 Hrs., and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
POSITIVE PRESSURE - CERTIFIED by UL to ANSI/UL10C, complies with IBC, NFPA 80 and NFPA 252 for application to Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 Hrs., and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
AIR INFILTRATION TESTED to ASTM E283, Standard Test Method for Determining Rate of Air Leakage Through Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls, and Doors.
ACOUSTICAL TESTED to ASTM E90 Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements, and ASTM E2235 Standard Test Method for Determination of Decay Rates for use in Sound Insulation Test Methods. Refer to information on pages G4 and G5 of our Gasketing catalog for test result data.
SMOKE & DRAFT CONTROL GASKETING. Certified by UL to ANSI/UL10C and ANSI/UL1784 Category ‘H’; complies with IBC and NFPA 105 for use on ‘S’ labeled Positive Pressure Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 hours, and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
NGP-EDGE® SEALING SYSTEM. Certified by UL to ANSI/UL10C Category ‘G’; required for Category B wood fire doors to meet positive pressure requirements complying with IBC, and NFPA 252. See individual products for maximum door size and ratings.
ANSI/BHMA CERTIFIED. Certified Gasketing complies with American National Standard for Door Gasketing and Edge Sealing Systems ANSI/BHMA A156.22 and is listed in the BHMA Certified Products Directory.
Architectures and engineers have designed many types of hinges for the easy and convenient use for pRead More
Sometimes your project requires you to build a channel underneath the floor or under the roads. YouRead More
Pivot hinges are unique hinges that are designed for doors that are undergoing heavy duties or doorsRead More