National Guard Products Self Adhesive Silicone Seal UL Tested and Certified for Fire and Smoke Doors
Synthetic rubber polymer: Siloxane
Excellent flexibility and memory
Temperature range -100°F to 500°F, remains flexible at extreme temperatures
Excellent resistance to ozone, UV and aging
Recommended for areas using FM200 or Halon Fire Suppression Systems
BHMA Certified to ANSI/BHMA A156.22 performance tests for heat, cold, air infiltration and smoke infiltration
Modified acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive protected by release liner
Provides high initial adhesion and long term holding power for permanent mounting in exterior or interior locations
Resistant to aging, weathering, UV radiation, water, detergent, alcohol and the influence of chemicalsEnd use temperature range of adhesive, long term exposure -30°F up to 250°F
Shelf life of adhesive prior to installation is one year when stored at 75°F and 50% relative humidity or less
3/8" wide x 1/4" tall
Available in 17', 20', 21', 25', 300' rolls
CERTIFIED by UL to CAN/ULC-S104 and ANSI/UL10B, complies with NFPA 80 and NFPA 252 for application to Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 Hrs., and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
POSITIVE PRESSURE - CERTIFIED by UL to ANSI/UL10C, complies with IBC, NFPA 80 and NFPA 252 for application to Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 Hrs., and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
AIR INFILTRATION TESTED to ASTM E283, Standard Test Method for Determining Rate of Air Leakage Through Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls, and Doors.
SMOKE & DRAFT CONTROL GASKETING. Certified by UL to ANSI/UL10C and ANSI/UL1784 Category ‘H’; complies with IBC and NFPA 105 for use on ‘S’ labeled Positive Pressure Hollow Metal fire doors rated up to 3 hours, and Wood fire doors rated up to 90 minutes.
ANSI/BHMA CERTIFIED. Certified Gasketing complies with American National Standard for Door Gasketing and Edge Sealing Systems ANSI/BHMA A156.22 and is listed in the BHMA Certified Products Directory.
1. The surface temperature of the frame must be above 50ºF. for the adhesive to bond.
2. Clean frame with clean wipe provided to remove dust, oil, grease and dirt. Wax coated or high gloss painted surfaces may require roughening of the surface with a scotch brite pad or sandpaper so adhesive will properly bond.
3. Measure and pre-cut pieces to fit the head and jambs.
4. Remove protective backing 1 to 2 feet at a time.
5. Position on frame where illustrated, allowing approximately 1/16'' between seal and frame for clearance when compressed.
6. Adhere by pressing firmly (approx. 15 lbs. pressure required) straight down along entire length of gasketing. Do not remove and relocate. WARNING: Do not rub along length from one end toward other end during installation as gasket will stretch and not adhere properly.
7. Make sure the seal does not impede proper closing and latching of the door.